Thursday, February 2, 2012

Never give up


Last night, I was discouraged and depressed.  There are so many things I would love to accomplish, but I keep getting set back by financial and time restraints.  On top of those restraints, I have my own emotional issues to deal with.  Fears of rejection and ridicule fill my every thought.  I'm was to the point that I was ready to just stop trying.  The failure to finished projects and the inability to start others is literally driving me crazy. Somewhere through my endless rambling and sometimes sobbing babbles, Troy says....but "you never give up..." You know...he's right.  Tell me I can't do something and I'll prove you wrong...that's just who I am.  I was told for as long as I can remember that I was able to do whatever I wanted to do, you just have to do it.  And if you do it, do it right, and finished everything you start.  If you fail...try again...that's just the way things were growing up.  What I don't understand is that when we reach adulthood, things change and for some reason eventhough you can still hear those words in your head...putting them in to practice is difficult.  OK...so I can do whatever I want...I can succeed and whatever I set my mind to...it doesn't matter what other people think...my own morals, values and beliefs are what are important...if my God is happy...then I'm happy.  There...I said it...now i just have to figure out how to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment