Monday, February 6, 2012

Measurin' Me Monday!!



Ok, I've read lots of blogs and one thing seems to be part of pretty much all of them...a PLAN!  With my OCD, I'm thinking that making a plan would be a great idea.  I would have a much easier time sticking with writing if I knew what I was writing about each day.  So, here we go!

I have decided that today is the day to seriously start putting me back together.  To be honest, I can't stand myself, I avoid mirrors, I avoid people and a lot of time I avoid life.  The biggest obstacle in my path is my weight.  My weight is my excuse for EVERYTHING.  I can't dance, I can't sing, I can't go there, I can't talk to them...all because of my weight...and what would they think...and a fat person couldn't possibly be good at something...and there is no way someone else would find something a fat person does as good and acceptable.  Wow...I'm really a mess.  Any one of these things could be my obsession  for the day, the night or for weeks.  I can dwell on one tiny thing that will ultimately make me worthless in my own mind.  I really don't want to be worthless...

All this (plus lots more) brings me to today. I have 47 weeks to lose 100 lbs.  I know that's alot!  The sad thing is that I could stand to lose closer to 150 lbs if you look at all the charts posted all over the internet.  For me, a hundred is good.  I'm not going to post my starting weight now...I'm way too embarrased. If all goes well, I'll post it after I've made some progress.

Almost 6 years ago I participated in a First Place bible study at church.  I lost 65 lbs on that program (and gained it all back).  I'm convinced that having to report back to the group every week kept me motivated. The daily bible study and devotionals were great and the fellowship among our small group hasn't been able to be reproduced since.  I believe there was something special with that group, everything just clicked and the weight came off for nearly every member.  Unfortunately, our church has gone through lots and lots of changes since then and they haven't offered another First Place study.  So, I can't keep living in the past...I have to make today work.

On to Measurin' Me Monday...I will post my progress on Mondays. I have to average 2.1 pounds a week to reach my goal by December 31, 2012.  That's not at all excessive...and I CAN DO IT!  In the past I have used a combination of online, mobile and my own spreadsheets to track my progress.  I was obsessive about it and took daily measurements.  This time, I will only weigh on Mondays and I'm only going to use My Fitness Pal to track my food and excercise.

Today's Weight Progress:  Way too Much to Post here!

Today's Calorie Intake:  Well, I logged 1810 calories...over my 1400, but still not bad.

Today's Excercise: I didn't do any organized exercise, but we did rearrange our office if that counts...

This is me...Today 2/6/2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment