Tuesday, April 30, 2013

On the Road Home...

Our flight left Fort Myers, Fl this morning.  I had the pleasure of going through a full body scanner because of my hip replacements...much better than the pat down in Kansas City.  We had an hour layover in Texas and had a chance to grab a bite to eat there at the airport McDonalds.  Once we landed in Kansas City, we had a bus ride to our car.  We both are a bit bummed.  It would have been nice to stay longer in Florida.

We stopped at a casino in Kansas City and played a few slot machines...won 190.00!  We made it home while it was still daylight.  We passed out the few souvenir goodies that we brought back with us and told a few stories about our trip.  Caitlyn loaded up and headed on to her house and the boys and us went on in the house.  The dogs had missed us too..it took twice as long to get through the front door because we had to greet each one and hand out their goodies too.  

I've actually learned alot from this trip.  I've learned that Troy and I can actually leave our kids, pets and house for a few days and everyone will survive.  I've learned that one day, our lives will only consist of each other and we are going to have to figure out how to fill our time without kid's activities.  Most of all, I've learned that a couple of days away did wonders for me.  Even though things didn't exactly go as we planned, in the end everything worked out fine.  Sometimes letting go of a little bit of control gives you a chance to breathe just a little easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment