Thursday, December 15, 2011

How are ya?

I took Troy to work this morning at 5am.  We needed cat food so I made an early morning stop at Walmart.  The cashier was having a difficult time at his register so our wait was unusually long for that time of day.  I was listening to the conversation going on behind me.  I'm assuming that the men knew each other.  I turned and glanced behind me.  I recognized the younger guy as someone I had went to school with, but I couldn't for the life of me remember his name.  He was talking to an older gentleman.  He asked how he was...the older gentleman's response was "good, it wouldn't do any good to be any other way." Hmmmm...good point!  I wonder if that realization was something he learned through his older years or something that he had believed his entire life.  I struggle everyday with being content.  Usually if I'm asked how I am, my "good" answer is just a lie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment