This last week has been horrible for my exercise schedule. It's been raining nearly every morning. When Troy came home from work this morning I asked him if it was still raining and of course...he said yes. I'm getting so frustrated. I'm afraid to get too far from home because I really don't want to be caught in a downpour, but I really NEED to walk. I've managed to fit in walking all but one day by watching the radar and leaving when we were in the clear, however, some days, it hasn't left me enough time to walk my whole distance before I have to get ready for work. This morning, I only managed to get just over 30 minutes in...better than nothing though! Walking is my time to think. When I started out over a year ago, I would stick my earphones in and crank up the music. As time has passed, I've come to enjoy the quiet time even more. The sounds of the animals, birds, bugs and water has been my therapy. This morning, I was about 1/4 mile into my walk and had been thinking about how long it had been since I had seen any activity on the trail...I haven't seen many turtles, the lizards have disappeared and I hadn't seen deer for quite a while. Within a few minutes, I glanced up and seen two deer come onto the trail from the wooded area along the side, a buck and a doe. They were so close and stood and watched me like they were wondering why I was on their trail then they snorted and bounced into the woods on the other side of the trail. What a beautiful sight!
No comments:
Post a Comment