Sunday, August 26, 2012

All Wet

This morning I had to do chores for mom and dad.  Dad was scheduled to cook breakfast at church and mom is in Montana.  We haven't gotten rain here in weeks, but of course on my day to do chores it pours. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it rained.  As you can tell, the pasture NEEDS the rain..I just didn't need it quite as bad.


Me and Miss Kitty, their Great Pyrenees tried to take cover under the trees.  Contrary to what the cows think, the trees do very little good in keeping you dry.  We tried 3 different kinds of trees and still got wet under each one.  Finally, we gave up and made a run for the chicken barn, but we were already drenched.  I slid in the mud and smashed my elbow into the door facing, which is better than the alternative of missing the door facing and falling on my face in the mud!


By the time I finished chores and walked back to the office, I was literally dripping.  Kitty curled up under a table in the office and went to sleep.  I locked up and headed home...freezing all the way there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment